Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Monday, October 09, 2006

Wonderful markets


Sitting at the internet place a couple of blocks up the hill from our pension waiting for Sara who is home working on her art. When she comes by we will continue up the hill to the market and have our daily breakfast drink of fruits and veggies, very healthy. Yesterday I had kiwi, grapefruit and carrot-delicious. Sara has the same one every day and it contains so many healthy veggies that after I tried it once decided I didn´t need to be that healthy. Celery, beets, carrots, and a bunch more, orange juice was its saving grace.

Tonight it is my turn to make dinner. They have the main meal about 4pm, which is really the midday meal or comida. Cena or supper comes later and is usually smaller before bed. Sara took us out on Saturday when it was her turn to cook and I was tempted but we will go out on Friday when its my next turn. This afternoon I´m going to attempt a stirfry with chicken breast and a salad since I got the most beautiful head of romaine. Sara has a 2 burner gas stove and a small fridge in her room. Last Friday it was Xochitl´s turn, pronounced Sochee and she got chicken ground with peppers and spices and made meatballs with sauce and tortillas. Sara said she would have made rice but when you see the size of these young artists you can see that rice isn´t part of their daily diet. Xochitl really reminds me of Joanne´s Chisanna. I can´t remember what I´ve already written because often I write in my journal and try to add to the blog when I can.

Today at 6:30 I have an appointment with a dermatologist-plastic surgeon to see if he can remove the nasty growth under my toe that I´ve been struggling with for the past month. It has made walking uncomfortable and I´m so afraid of infection. It started in Canada but wasn´t as obvious then. I´m hoping it will cost less than the American podiatrist in Cabo quoted me.

Will continue to add photos in the morning when I get to use Sara´s laptop in her room. Hope you are all having a great day in your respective parts of the world. Oaxaca is a great city. I love it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home