Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lost in cyberspace

April is almost over and the yard is still a work in progress, but then so is much of life. I wrote a long entry a few days ago and it disappeared into cyberspace and I was not impressed. I want to keep writing but my memory is so bad I can't even remember what the blog address is to tell friends. I'm using Dylan's computer and can't download photos since they are all on my laptop.

This has been an interesting weekend with the visit of my youngest brother Mark's son Nicolas and two of his buddies. They are looking for work not because they want to work but because they are broke and figure that is about the only way they will have any money. Mostly they were looking for trouble, though wouldn't admit it, but since it found them each night after midnight I figure they were in the right place for it - trouble I mean. Unless they thought they would get some job offers after midnight in a field beer bottle in hand. The frightening thing is that I can recall all too clearly those years and how I acted and I know people, including family, or perhaps mostly family, helped me out. I also know that no one especially parents could tell me anything.

There was a shower for Tracy on Saturday afternoon. She is marrying Don, my cousin Jack's son and they are pushing thirty so have lots of life experience and a very good chance of making it work. I don't like showers as a rule because of the silly games but this one was fun with Don's mom Margie, sister Bobbi and her daughter Jaycee singing; then a cool fashion show with friends who could fit into their wedding dresses, including the mother of the bride. She said it was only because it had some stretch.

Saturday evening was the annual Perspective Women Artists show and it was a wonderful gala event. The talent is overwhelming for this small rural outback nowhere place-Kerrobert, Saskatchewan. It was a late night as I hung in to the end and got home at eleven. Today, Sunday they had a workshop from 1-4 using several different kinds of paper, tar paper, rice paper, etc. and different mediums-oil pastels, ink, charcoal, etc. It was fun and we had two young models [with their clothes ON].

Last Friday we picked up a new Honda Civic in Saskatoon and it is wonderful to have New wheels again. Its got loads of pep and is so quiet and comfy-I love it. So tomorrow I can just head into Saskatoon to meet my sister Cathy who hooked me up with her hair dresser, who knows how to cut curly hair. I want to have it long again but need a better shape to start out. Dylan has given me a list of clothing he wants from a special Boardstore. The only Board store I know about is the LCB [liquor control board], but thats not the one, thank goodness.

Hope you are all having a great week and I promise I will try to keep writing here and hope I don't bore you. adios amigos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home