Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Monday, October 23, 2006

Hurricane Paul pending


Batten down the hatches folks-here comes Hurricane Paul - quisas/perhaps! Its anyones guess if and when and how strong this storm will affect us, but we are prepared. This morning Dave and Rebecca were frantically trying to get their boat out of the water and the motor wouldn't start so they had to have it towed. While Rebecca and I were in town this afternoon checking on the Nunsense rehearsals we had a short hard rainfall. Its amazing how fast the roads get rutted up with runoff and the bottom street in town starts to flood. We made a quick trip north to look for Maya for some music and the arroyos were still dry but that is just a matter of time. The sun has since come out but its that eerie light with dark clouds all around us and its now raining lightly and dead calm.

I put Dylan's quad snug in between the other quads and the Ford pickup in the garage, like a jigsaw puzzle and when I got back this afternoon tucked the Jeep in there too. The generator is just inside the man door in case the power goes out for any time. Rebecca invited me over for company but as long as we have daylight and power I'm happy to be inside my own snug if not so watertight house. We always get water in the windows downstairs but it always drains out and/or dries up in short order. I'm hoping we don't have another flood upstairs like during John but at least I will be here to catch it immediately. I have promised myself I'm not going to go frantic trying to stay ahead of the incoming water. Its hopeless and will just wear me out. The furniture is all in the centre of the rooms and as much as possible up on bits of floor tile to avoid standing in water. The rest is up to the thunder gods.

If all goes as planned this will all be over in a day or so and then I will fly north. Some sendoff this is. Hope you are all snug in your cozy homes-I'm happy for the fans as its hot and muggy now. That's all for now folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home