Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

..pass me by, don't make me cry...

Hurricane Paul has blown us off-or we've blown him off. Before dawn I could see lightening far off to the southeast but no thunder as it was too far away. There is blue sky overhead and a slight breeze but the Spa boats are going out. I counted half a dozen heading out fishing so they must figure this thing is history. The Sea looks a bit rough for my liking but fishermen are hardy souls. The mainland will get some rain and we did get quite a bit over the past two days, but that will dry up quickly.

The house is a mess but what doesn't get tidied today will wait for us to return and sort it all out as we unpack the next time. No point in getting anal about leaving it tidy for the cockroaches and spiders. The fridge is almost empty. Karen and I had shrimp last night warmed up in a stirfry and there is enough left for a plate today.

The play Nunsense is in full rehearsal and I think Rebecca is going to take part - the part I would have had if I had stayed through November. Its her turn to get involved in the community and I think it will be good for her. Besides she can likely sing and dance better than I can - not hard to imagine.

The clock turns back this weekend so that sunrise will be closer to six than seven and the day will get a better start; however, it sure gets dark early. In the cities of Toluca and Oaxaca offices and stores don't close until 8pm and folks stream out into the streets on their way home or for dinner so its still busy until almost ten. Not so in our wee corner of Baja. Folks are tucked up in their homes by dark and streets are deserted by 8pm. Another good reason to figure out how to get better television reception for those long winter nights-go figure.

Since all the vehicles are tucked away with batteries disconnected I will be housebound today.
Will I watch movies or clean up - a bit of both I suspect.

Until next time...adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home