Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sea of Cortez farewell

A last supper at the surfboard restaurant.
Karen easily convinced me that one last swim in the beautiful warm Sea of Cortez was in orderthis morning for my last half day in Baja. It would help to clear my mind for the few remaining tasks involved in closing the house for a few months. Taps are turned off under sinks and toilets, cockroach paste is at the ready for any critters who think our house would make a good home, sorry boys. I've had two showers and am dripping with sweat again. I hate to get dressed in the clothes I will need for my arrival in Canada tonight just prior to midnight, so will wait until the last possible minute.

Pam, Blake and friend Carey are dropping me off at the airport after lunch on their way to Cabo where they plan to stay overnight and pick up Blake's FM3 tomorrow-congratulations Blake - and many thanks for the ride and for inviting me to dinner in town last evening.

The house seems untidy so one last sweep of 'things' to clear off this lovely island that is forever under clutter, then I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be to face the cold. I am so excited about seeing my wonderful son and his wonderful dad and my mother too. I have missed them all, just as I will miss my friends here in Baja. I guess its true when they say, 'absense makes the heart grow fonder'.

If the rest of this day is as great as the first half I will be most grateful. Hasta luego amigas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home