Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Cabo San Lucas

Travelling by open Jeep in extreme heat is certainly a challenge. I left home Thursday at 7 a.m. and needed the headlights as the sun was barely up. It was actually cool enough to roll my window up half way to block some wind, but before long down went the window and off went the lights and I was glad to get to the a/c of Costco about 8:30 . Coming out of Costco an hour later it was already toasty hot. Roxanne had the air conditioning on for me and was it ever a nice treat. We could sure use some a/c in a bedroom or two in Spa for these warm months.

It was a busy day following her to the radio station for 11 to tape her East Cape report for Cabo Mil which you can listen to on the computer. The Happy Hour Sundays, from 6-7pm www.cabomil.com.mx and click the 'escucha' button top right corner. She asked me if I would be interested in doing it every week for the winter, but I couldn't make a commitment. I think that would be a kick.

We had lunch at Senor Greenberg's. Hadn't had a Reuben sandwich in years and it was delicious. Imagine eating Jewish food in Mexico.



At 1 she had rehearsal for the play Nunsense which was a hoot, with Isabel [red dress], the director from Steel Magnolias [I played Clairee and Roxanne, in white above played Oiser]. I felt right at home and joined in on the songs-a chant that moved right into up tempo rock. Luckily the Cabo Tomato ladies gathering was at the same lovely home so we didn't have to run anywhere, but stayed til it ended at 5pm. Lots of eating and drinking with a few announcements is what that was about. After an almost refreshing dip in Roxy's pool we had supper and it was early to bed for this visitor.

Friday morning I relaxed while Roxy went to Pilates then we visited a friend who happens to be a Podiatrist, which I needed - to check my wee foot problem. The rest of the day Roxy and I shopped for clothes - first downtown in the extreme heat. Trying on clothes when sticky and wet is a chore. Then we hit the a/c in the large mall. I needed some light cool cotton dresses to wear outside the house in the heat. My hot weather clothes aren't very presentable to the public.

I waited until almost 5pm to head out for the hot drive home. The Tomato ladies had loaded me up with boxes and bags of stuff for the Hurricane John victims in LosBarriles area, added to my Costco purchases-the Jeep was stuffed full. Traffic was heavier than normal and it was cow crossing time so it was almost 7 when I arrived home to a sauna in the closed up house. Opened up all the windows to get some air moving which fortunately it was - moving that is. Watched Brokeback Mountain then crashed into bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home