Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday, 17th - noon

Devastation and disaster gets tiresome so here are a few photos that make me smile.

I lit candles and said a prayer when I thought for sure that Hurricane Lane was coming our way.










Dylan's eleventh birthday getting ready to fly to Canada - April 12, 2006.


























At noon on Sunday:
Blue skies, sunny, hot, muggy, sticky, a slight breeze is just stirring the palms so the fans are all still working overtime - and still this is paradise.

The washing machine has been busy again this morning and the sun is doing a great job of freshening the stuff on the line - still from Maus' place. Even though there wasn't much mildew because I think perhaps the salt water must resist it, everything in the place, including the linen closet was damp and funky smelling.

Otherwise this is going to be a lazy day with my feet up drinking lots of water. I'm so thankful that I'm not in Lake Tahoe raking pine needles or in Kerrobert where the unraked leaves are now covered with wet snow. Thanks Bob for letting me know that you and Dylan and Marj are all fine without me for a while longer.

I'm thinking that perhaps on my way home I might take a little detour over to Oaxaca to visit my friend Sally Lask/Smith who built our house and has since handed the business over to her daughter. Sara, as her Mexican frinds call her spends the hot summer months there working on her art. There may not be a better time and I'm geared up for adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home