Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday, September 17, 2006 4:45 a.m.


When we first visited Mexico I wondered why the roads were in such a deplorable condition and so many homes were unfinished, without paint, plaster or even doors and windows. I just thought it was a very poor country and certainly that was part of it. However, the dance with nature means threes steps forward and two steps back. When there is a reprieve of a few years between hurricanes the growth is amazing, but if an area is hit by one storm after another the devastation is just too much for people to handle. It says a lot for the Mexican attitude - why worry about tomorrow when today is all you know for sure.

Enough of my penny philosophy. I'm still working on this blog, trying to improve the look and make it easier to navigate and read. I think you can now post a comment without logging in.

Its sad to admit but after all the preparations and excitement it feels like a bit of a let down that we didn't even get a drop of rain from Lane and it looks like Miriam will give us a miss too. I know I ought to be celebrating, but my muscles are too tired for dancing.

3 Comments:

  • I can't comment on my own blog, but I think now others can if you use the anonymous button. Then just login.

    By Blogger Casa Reilkoff Schraefel, At 4:36 p.m.  

  • Trouble is you keep getting more comment windows, and have to just close them.

    By Blogger Casa Reilkoff Schraefel, At 4:37 p.m.  

  • Hola Chris,
    Your site looks great and interesting perspective of the Mexican people. Tell me... why do their avocados taste so much better there? Just fresher or are they different?

    By Blogger Ilsa, At 7:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home