Casa Reilkoff Schraefel

Friday, November 03, 2006

A blustery day in Saskatchewan


This is not a day to brag about -tones of black, white and gray with snow falling, but complaining never changes the weather. Am sitting in my mom's toasty warm house with muffins in the oven emanating heartwarming smells, coffee at hand and The View on the teley.

My living room is crying for attention-the floor still ripped up from September, but at least the walls have been painted a warm ginger jar and look great though I'm going to miss my bright Mexican sponge-painted space. Its hard to find the time and energy to get that flooring in place though its stacked in the dining area and needs putting down badly. No more excuses-its time.

It didn't take long to get involved in community projects. Communities in Bloom meeting to decorate the new flower containers around town with a Christmas theme was postponed, however, the last two evenings have been devoted to meetings concerning fundraising for the new district hospital and longterm care facility to be built here in town. Next week will be devoted to canvassing and I foolishly offered to drive around our rural Avoca district-what was I thinking?

Mom continues in good spirits despite having to sleep in a chair and not being able to eat soup with her left hand. She is quite an amazing inspiration when I get the notion to complain. She still takes pleasure in her mail order surprises-mainly books for gifts and lotions and potions to stave off winter dryness.

Travel now is contained to a few blocks down to the post office, drugstore, grocery store and often to Audrey's cafe for coffee and a chat. Hope you are all enjoying life. Drop me a line.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for commenting Les. The Kerrobert Tigers will have to struggle on without my cheering. I think I'll wait out the winter in front of our new 40 inch LCD in our soon to be new and lovely living room. The flooring is going down as I write-Bob screwing down more subfloor in centre hallway. Let me know when you get your blog up and running and perhaps if I can keep up the momentum I can post a link to it here.

    By Blogger Casa Reilkoff Schraefel, At 2:13 p.m.  

  • The weather is all in your perspective. I find it quite exhilarating. Never boring, no hurricanes or floods to worry about and you appreciate your humble abode.

    Clem

    By Blogger Scratchings in the Dirt, At 5:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home